Monday, March 7, 2011

{birthday weekend}

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

This weekend we celebrated my birthday. The celebrations started out by painting fabric with RIT fabric dye. The plan is to recover a small seat cushion with a part that Maile painted. Then we made home made ice cream in a bag. Yes I am still on a "make things in a bag" kick. We all started out shaking our own bags to make the ice cream but sure enough after one minute the kids were done so I was the one that ended up shaking the bags for 5 minutes a piece. It worked though and actually tasted pretty darn good. Then Sunday rolled around and I decided it wasn't too early to bust out a sweet little dress that I have been saving for the warmer weather (I just named it the Irish Spring dress).

couple of side notes:
Mr. Boots was a real rascal at church.
I love that I captured Choany hanging onto my leg as he sucks his thumb. I think it is so cute when he does that.
Beautiful birthday flowers.
A sweet potato has proved to be one of our best growing house plants.
Tried a new to us restaurant called Fuego Bistro. It was good.
Found that little stool with the wood seat at Ross Dress For Less of all places.

For ice cream in a bag recipe go here or here.

Hope you had a great weekend. I will be back with the winner of the giveaway tomorrow.

17 comments:

Aimee's Family Journal said...

Are you telling me that you painted that skirt that one of the M's is wearing!!?? Are you kidding me. How!

Glamour Drops said...

Ice cream in a bag??? What is that? I will have to pop on over to check it out because my curiosity has got the better of me!

Your flowers look gorgeous and I love the earthiness of the little stool. Sounds like you had a very busy and fun birthday.

jonalynn said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! Your pictures are always so adorable, and the first one of the flowers and dots is pulling at my heart!

It looks like you were in my neck of the woods! Is Fuego Bistro worth checking out?

I've been loving our weather lately, and your fabulous dress is completely appropriate!

turnuptherad.blogspot.com

Kera said...

happy birthday beautiful. great pictures. i think you're great. xx

The Wizzle said...

Happy birthday! We just had a birthday weekend too, but you make yours look so much more remarkable! :)

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

What a beautiful day! Love the flowers and your dress and really all of the photo's! Happy Birthday!

hush said...

Happy Birthday!! That stool is the most incredible Ross find in the history of ever.

Anonymous said...

Happy happy birthday!! Sounds like the perfect way to celebrate your birthday. Ice cream in a bag?! How much fun. First the popcorn now this - how eye opening for me. Thanks for sharing!

Haute Mama said...

Happy Birthday! That stool is awesome and the dress is adorable. My little man is all about the cowboy boots. Wears them everwhere, but gets tired of walking in them, so I always end up carrying him and thus dread the boots.

My Interior Life said...

Happy belated birthday! It looks like you had a great one. I've been meaning to tell you - my niece is named Maren so I feel a kinship! And I love the name Maile too.

angela hardison said...

happy belated birthday my beautiful friend! it looks like it was lovely indeed. the dress is gorgeous, those flowers perfect, ice cream in a bag?!

i think you're really wonderful. just so you know.

angela | the painted house said...

Happy birthday, bag lady! (but you sure don't dress like one.)

I spy Les Touches. And gorgeous flowers.

I'm sure your Full House ensured a quite satisfactory day for you. :)

Heidi said...

Happy Happy Birthday! Loving the RIT dye idea for painted fabric. Can't wait to try it!

nest of posies said...

i hope your birthday was as wonderful as these pictures!

you are always FULL of new ideas = ice cream in a bag...the skirt - seriously??? amazing.

Laura said...

Flowers - gorgeous
Ice cream - looks delicious
That you made it in a bag - awesome
Cowboy boots - killing me with cuteness
Green dress - l.o.v.e
Photos - captured the mood perfectly
Happy, happy birtday!

Banki said...

OMG! Your birthday images are really fantastic! Thanks for sharing.

Lorrie Wish said...

Beautiful birthday wishes, my dear. These variations feel good for the topic. Thanks for sharing this creative post.