Tuesday, January 20, 2009

SupercaliFRAZZLElisticexpialidocious

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Here's the thing, if I'm having a hard time I probably wouldn't blog about it.  Most things in my life are good and I choose to focus and capture those moments, but if someone were to ask about the whole picture than they would get much more than is ever posted on this blog. For example take a look at the above pictures.  One may see very happy faces.  I see something a little different.  Let me just keep it real and tell the other part of the story behind those pictures because today it may make me feel better to sort things out in blogland.  Let's first start out by saying I am drug free.  That's right nada, nothing, nunca.  I thought I better establish that first because I get many reactions from people that allude to them thinking I must be taking a little somethin somethin or thinking I need to start taking something but whatever which way I will take ownership that I could be part crazy.  

To preface I have been a little extra frazzled as of late.  I can't seem to get my head above water. I guess I've also been feeling guilty because I don't get my kids out in the sunshine enough so I loaded all of them up and took them to the park by myself.  I even brought my camera along just in case I had a spare moment.  Well let's just say that after we got there I quickly got over the fact that the boys were eating sand.  I had bigger fish to fry with one running into the street every minute, the other who wouldn't quit crying, two girls who wanted to be pushed on the swings and oh let's not forget the other baby who became "attack baby" on an innocent bystander.   I was seriously hoping I didn't break right there on the spot.  I finally just put the boys back into the stroller and pushed the girls in the swings but only after they got a quota.  What kid gets a quota of 20 pushes on a swing?  I did manage however to take a few photos of the girls before we left but none of the boys.  I'll tell you what on our way home I didn't really feel glad about taking them. I didn't really feel glad until I downloaded those pictures and saw M & M's smiling faces.  This is why I blog.  It's good for my little soul to focus on the good things that have happened and to have hope for a new day.  I still feel frazzled and overwhelmed but I think we're going to make it.  

Now excuse me while I go get a tissue.  

Photobucket

One of my most favorite things is walking. I love it when Mister is home. He is really good @ pushing the other stroller. The above just illustrates a perfect Sunday afternoon.

14 comments:

Whitney said...

Have you ever heard of Saint Johns wart? My mom and aunt take it and they love it. It keeps the anxiety and stress level down. Its an herbal supplement. Now Im not telling you take drugs, just a suggestion. Love the pictures. I know its not easy raising 5 little ones and getting them to and from activites can be stressful, but hello Im your sister that isnt in school anymore!! I can help.

Shannon said...

Oh we all have those days! Sometimes it is just easier to stay home! I think you are superwoman and I don't know how you hold it all together! Cute picture. In 10 years that is all you will remember anyway!

sherry said...

It is good to keep it real sometimes so that the rest of us remember that you are a human being and not Super Woman! The camera is always a good way to get a little perspective. This is what you and I were talking about. The reason it is worth it to take the time to blog.

Annie said...

You brave soul. I always say in theory it's possible to take three 1 1/2 year olds and two 4 year olds to the park by yourself but I don't think I'd ever really do it. Bless you for trying. I'm sure the kids had a great time even if the trips had to sit in the stroller, they probably loved it. Plus that was a hour of them not tearing apart your house so in the end, it works out pretty good.
Your photos are darling. You will kiss and cuddle that camera until your dying day. I know mine has brought me such joy. :)

Stacey Crewse said...

Well superwoman... of course you are feeling frazzled! It's 5 against 1!!! You are such a great girl/mama! I'm excited for our thrift shopping tomorrow!

Natalie Hall said...

First off, you made me grab a kleenex, really... You are the lady that I look up to when I have a "Feel Sorry Natalie Day" and I mean it. You take me back to my days when my twins, (yes, I only had twins, not twins and triplets!) and would be crying all of the time. You are an ANCHOR! And maybe you don't like people saying that to you, but I don't care. Christina, every day you make it through a day is beyond anything we can even comprehend! What a writer you are! So what don't you do???? Your talent amazes us all!

Debbie said...

Hang in there honey...it only gets worse from here!!! J/K Bravo for the attempt. You truly are doing a great job and those pictures of the girls just prove it. The fact that they had a few moments of play and fun is sometimes just what the doctor ordered. (at least for them!) Never stop trying.

Aimee's Family Journal said...

Christina, I know that you were a kid once. But honestly. I cannot ever imagine you collecting Garbage Pail kids! It made me laugh outloud when I read that. I know. They are pretty raw. I am surpised that my mom used to get them for us too!

PS. The park will get easier I am sure of it. It is the place that kids want to be, so you can use that to your advantage when you are laying out pre-park behavior. We all have days where things dont go as planned. And remember, all of our kids have beat up on some other kid at some point. Really, who cares if he get a few hits in.

Lisa Harris said...

We can use some drugs at some point in life. nothing wrong with a little help from the makes of Zoloft:)
You are an AMAZING mother. Really, I admire you everyday I see you at school. By the looks of your sweet little girls you would never guess they had # baby brothers as well. They always look clean and polished just like their mama.
Your doing a wonderful job!
xoxo

Mary said...

You're the bomb sis, that's all I have to say. Your kids love you so much!

Jami said...

let me just say...that I seriously LOVE you.
I think you are one of the most amazing women I know. Seriously...I am not even kidding around here.
And I agree with Whitney...I take it, and I swear by it!

Jami said...

let me just say...that I seriously LOVE you.
I think you are one of the most amazing women I know. Seriously...I am not even kidding around here.
And I agree with Whitney...I take it, and I swear by it!

Melanie said...

I'm a little scared to join your group: Mother of 5. Although mine are spaced out, it is going to be crazy! I feel your pain! Hang in there!

Rhonda said...

Love that story! Bless you for venturing out to the park on your own! I can barely manange doing it with 2 kids & one is in the bjorn! I love that you blog about the positive. It's a great way to stay focused on what's important!